[opencms-dev] Deleted Users

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Thu Jun 17 04:31:01 CEST 2004

We've deleted a number of users and have discovered that OpenCMS has not changed the owner of resources previously owned by these users. So we now have a bunch of resources owned by deleted users. This doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but I've found that renaming folders (that are owned by deleted users) now causes errors. The folder gets copied to the new name, but the old folder doesn't get deleted.

What I want to do is go through all the resources and change the owner for any resources owned by a non-existent user. I can probably put together some SQL to do this directly in the database, but am wondering if there is a simpler option before I try that. Or has anybody else already put together some SQL to do this?

Many thanks,

Brett Beaumont
Technical Consultant
Sytec Resources Limited

Phone	+64 4 473 5805
Fax 	+64 4 473 5812
Email 	<mailto:brett.beaumont at sytec.com>
WWW 	http://www.sytec.com

Important:  This electronic mail message and attachments (if any) are confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact us immediately and destroy this message.  You may not legally copy, disclose, disseminate or use the contents in any way.  Thank you.