[opencms-dev] Cannot find server or DNS Error

LaFollette, Jason Jason.LaFollette at Tallan.com
Thu Jun 17 18:45:02 CEST 2004

I'm having a randomly occuring error when accessing OpenCMS pages using
Internet Explorer 6.  Every 20 to 50 page views Internet Explorer pops
up a dialog box saying "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site
http://path.to.my.site <http://path.to.my.site/>  Operation Aborted"
then shows the default "The page cannot be displayed" error page with
the message "Cannot find server or DNS Error" at the bottom.  If I hit
refresh the page comes up just fine.  This problem does not seem to
favor any one page in my site more than another and I cannot reproduce
this error with Mozilla/Firefox.  The only non default configuration
setting I have made is turning Static Export off. I'm running OpenCMS
5.0.1 and have this problem with OpenCMS running on both RedHat and
Windows XP.

If anyone has encoutered this problem I would greatly appreciate hearing
from you.

Thanks!!

Jason

jason.lafollette at tallan.com