[opencms-dev] Famous xerces problem and an other one... please answer me

Romuald Beugnon romuald.beugnon at free.fr
Mon Jun 21 10:52:00 CEST 2004

Hi list,

I have 2 problems with my remote installation of opencms 5.0.1 :

1) The famous xerces compatibility problem. I known I should replace
TOMCAT-HOME/lib/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar with the
opencms/WEB-INF/lib/xerces-1_4_4.jar but I don't own the server and I don't
think the administrator will let me change his tomcat configuration.

I have read in the mailing list archive that Alexander Kandzior applied a
fix in a new version but I had already to pay the hosting company to deploy
the .war and I don't want to pay anymore.

2) It's maybe a consequence of the first problem : the import button in the
module management tool is grey either inn online and offline project.

So can anyone:

1) Help me.
2) Escuse my terrible English.

Romuald Beugnon.