[opencms-dev] using <%@include ... %> fails to update in 5.0.1

Geoff Winkless opencms at geoff.dj
Tue Jun 29 18:21:01 CEST 2004

Alexander Kandzior wrote:
> You must "touch" the JSP that contains the <%@ include file= "..." %>
> as well as the included file.
>
> The update JSP algorithm does not detect changes on files included
> with <%@ include file= "..." %> if the file that contains the include
> is not also changed.

I understood that from the documentation. However it simply doesn't work.

If I _publish_ the original JSP the _Online_ static version of the page is
written correctly, but the appropriate section of updateJsp() isn't being
called, as far as I can tell, when you merely update the page, so Offline
modifications fail. Worse, even when you publish, the Offline version is
still out of date, so you end up with a newer version Online than Offline
(!!).

I'm obviously missing something because there can be no way this is by
design.

Geoff