[opencms-dev] Problems modifying news module sources

SIMON DUTIL simon.dutil at msp.gouv.qc.ca
Fri Jul 2 16:01:01 CEST 2004

If anyone have opencms 5.0.1 deployed in oracle 10g application server
and know something about the following problem...let me know!

>>>  You publshed the new classes, too, right? >>>  If that's not it,
the classloader may be picking up old News module code
>>>  from somewhere else.

I did published the classes and I had already looked on the server file
system and i hadnt found any old sources...Everything seems to be up to
date on the server FS and the opencms VFS. Opencms is located in our
oracle 10g application server folder (
ora10gAS/j2EE/applications/Opencms )  but maybe i missed some places ?!

Since the module is up to date about everywhere i can find its files on
the system I'm almost sure that the problem is with the oracle web
cache...something to do maybe with the refresh rate of the cached
pages...like if the web cache wouldnt consider the changes i made in the
news module...what do you think?

Btw : Thanks Matt for ur help!

Simon

>>> mbutcher at grcomputing.net 30/06/2004 13:06  >>>

You publshed the new classes, too, right?

If that's not it, the classloader may be picking up old News module
code
from somewhere else.

The class/jar files should be written to the real file system under
opencms/WEB-INF/ (That would be in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/ on Tomcat). Maybe somewhere in

there you have some old classes or jars.

Matt