[opencms-dev] Pages not refreshing properly w/5.3.5 (cvs)

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Mon Jul 5 18:49:01 CEST 2004

Dear OpenCMS team,
I've recently read here on the mailing list the suggestion that the
browser's settings should be changed so that there would be no problems
with pages not refreshing properly. I believe this is not the correct
way to solve the issue.
The real fix is to use the cache headers by adding to the pageHtmlStyle
(in,String,String) method of org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace the
following code, just before the stylesheet is addded:

result.append("<meta Http-Equiv=\"Cache-Control\" Content=\"no-cache
\">");
result.append("<meta Http-Equiv=\"Pragma\" Content=\"no-cache\">");
result.append("<meta Http-Equiv=\"Expires\" Content=\"0\">");

Tell me what you think

Tristan