[opencms-dev] Re: External editing

Tom Howe tomhowe at artcore.com
Thu Jul 8 10:17:02 CEST 2004

Personally I think that would be just fine! :)
My own opinion, and im not sure how widely accepted this would be, is
that any raw html should be highly controlled and therefore a little web
gui is probably the best thing for it. This would allow content editors
to add basic formatting (Headings/Bold/links) etc to their content.

The main layout HTML should then be created dynamically using
transformation templates like XSLT and edited in appropriate software
like xmlspy. Any code development would be done in the users preferred
tools/IDE.

This gives the flexibility of allowing developers to work in native
tools but prevents content editors creating content that isn't reusable.

Basically I think the scenario you have described is perfectly
acceptable but of course this is just my opinion.

Tom