[opencms-dev] saving form data

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Thu Jul 8 20:59:02 CEST 2004

You can do this several ways.

I suggest pointing your form's action to a JSP page. In a JSP, form data
gets stored in the 'request' object (an HttpRequest object, IIRC). You
can see examples of use at the OpenCms forum (http://www.opencms-forum.de).

As for storage of data, you can store it in files (prob. plain type
files with XML, CSV or some other format that will be easy to parse) or
create your own database tables and store the data there. There is also
a module that allows you to send form data to an email address.

Matt