[opencms-dev] Some questions about OpenCms...

SIMON DUTIL simon.dutil at msp.gouv.qc.ca
Fri Jul 9 15:55:02 CEST 2004

Hi list,

1- I am using Firefox 0.9 to work with OpenCms 5.0.1 and it seems that
there is some incompatibilities with the browser.  Most of our users
works with Mozilla browsers by now, and forcing them to use IE shouldnt
be considerated.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

2- Is there a new realease coming soon? Should we implements bugfixes
listed in "some bug fixes and enhancements for OpenCms 5.0.1" posted by
Mr. Sven Bonorden or wait for the next release? (we are short on time!)

3- We use a commercial component to manage our users and we dont want
OpenCms ask for authentication anymore.  Is there anything in OpenCms
wich support customized authentication or will we have no other choice
than implementing it ourselves?

4- Somes user cannot edit jsp files, the text is grey-ed and users cant
access to the files context menu.  I found two posts about this issue on
the mailing list (in a 2003 thread) but they havent been answered.  Here
are the links  :

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q3/007073.html
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q3/005901.html

4- How can we delete an entry in the Synchronisation management? Its
like it cant be emptied once it have been initialised...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Simon