[opencms-dev] Features needed: does openCMS cover them all?

Cyrille Bonnet cyrille at 3months.com
Mon Jul 12 01:57:02 CEST 2004

Hi there,

We are looking for a CMS for one of our clients. Preferably, it would be
Java-based and open source.

The features we are looking for are:

* non-technical users can create content with a browser, using templates and
depending on security settings they have been granted
* workflow for review and approval of created content
* possibility of "dating" created content (for both release and expiry)
* audit trail available for created content (who modified what and when)
* deployment of content to a "static" server (i.e. Apache without Tomcat,
for instance)

My question is: can openCMS do that out of the box? Some of that? Does it
require extra development?

We have looked at Plone and all these features are implemented (except the
deployment, I believe), but it is Python based, which is a big minus for our
client.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cyrille.