[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG editor: ugly HTML output

Immo Köster ikoester at lufgi3.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 12 10:20:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am using openCMS 5.0.1 and am currently struggling with the WYSIWYG
editor. The site layout is based on CSS, but as I do not have the time
to build my own custom form-based input module for our structured pages,
I need to get the WYSIWYG editor running with the CSS styles. At least
editing the content of existing pages should be possible, as I know that
one cannot enter CSS class attributes via the WYSIWYG editor.
Unfortunately, saving a page with the WYSIWYG editor leads to ugly HTML
output (some tags are upper cased, others have no closing tag, indents
are disrupted). Existing XHTML-compliant pages are thereby rendered useless.
Is there any way (perhaps in a development version of openCMS) to avoid
this? Any working external WYSIWYG editor that works with openCMS and
creates nice (X)HTML?

Kind regards,

Immo Köster