[opencms-dev] How to create a website accesible by username and password

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Wed Jul 14 18:12:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am still a nrookie on opencms and java...

I am building a web site and I want that some areas would be accesible by password (i.e. official documents (pdf, html,databases) or news) and some not (i.e. public pages). I was reading on the mailing archive and must of the issues are related with login policies within the workplace. Probably (read: for sure) somebody has implemented this. I will appreciate any help.

Two more questions: Is there any way to make user authentication to a server throug OpenCMS? Would be possible in near future add a module to opencms which make this?

Best regards,

arian

best regards