[opencms-dev] Forum Module

Arash Kaffamanesh kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de
Mon Jul 26 23:05:02 CEST 2004

Alex, Dear Group,

I've created an org.opencms.mvnforum.v.01 module which works on opencms
build_5_3_5, with Tomcat5.0.27 and MySQL, also Standalone (mean also
with his own UserManagementSystem: UMS). If somebody has any interest, I
could provide a short HowTo to get it installed in your own opencms app.

Now I'm thinking and analyzing the possibility to integrate both UMS's
via OpenLDAP Server. For mvnforum one of the nice guys in Vietnam has
provided a first AuthLDAP.java class, which I've not tested yet.

So, my first questions are:

Is it feasible to do such an integration? ;-)

... what I mean is to configure, implement the JNDIRealm of Tomcat for
LDAP, and then configure OpenCMSServlet to use that realm and link
mvnforum user tables with opencms user tables, as Achim suggested
(mvnforum tables will be installed in opencms db).

If this is feasible, is anybody over there, who would like to build such
an org.opencms.mvnforum module together? (if not allready done or
contributed by Pablo in near future as opensource: till opencms 6 final
release)

Kind regards,
Arash