[opencms-dev] getting started - problems with WYSIWYG --> Structured Content

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Wed Jul 28 17:58:02 CEST 2004

> I'm sorry fro my stupid question, but I'm e new user of OpenCms. How can
> I find tutorial about using of structured content with OpenCMS ?

Hi Marco,
altough OpenCMS's VFS has the capability of supporting structured
content, there isn't a mechanism for automatically handling it.
We have developed a new ResourceType called StructuredContent, built on
top of the XmlPage, where the structure of an object is defined via an
XML file.
When editing a structured content a form is automatically built to allow
the user to edit the content. We have also used the HTMLArea editor to
provide editing capabilities for Mozilla users as well as IE.
The enclosed screenshot illustrates what we have done.
Incidentally we have also implemented single sign on using jCIFS and a
step-based workflow mechanism.

All of our work is based on the CVS version of OpenCMS.

Tristan