[opencms-dev] openCMS replication

Kovalev, Pavel Pavel.Kovalev at tdsecurities.com
Wed Jul 28 20:23:01 CEST 2004

I hope the requirements we have are not too unique so anybody could help
me to make a decision on right approach to the solution.

Our client wants to have authoring environment in the intranet without
access to opencms admin from internet. It looks like the only solution
for this to deploy 2 instances of opencms - one for intranet where all
editors would have access to admin and another for production.

Questions are:

-          how to disable admin on the production while still utilize
opencms functionality for site processing

-          would database replication (Oracle in our case)  be the base
way to deliver the data to the production instance

-          any other possible solutions for our situation, that won't
require such complex architecture [aside of static export]

Thank you,

Pavel Kovalev