[opencms-dev] Cms.link question (furthermore!)

Philip subp at wachtel.us
Thu Jul 29 04:02:02 CEST 2004

Furthermore (in addition to the original message below),

I've come upon something really annoying.  I have a page (enter_albums.html)
that I've created and I'm just trying to add a link to another internal page
within it, like this:
<P>To enter the albums, <A href="/www/photoalbum/index.html"
target=_self>CLICK HERE</ф>.</P>

The page to which the link points, /www/photoalbum/index.html, is set to:
export:false

The enter_albums.html page is also set up to be: export:false

However, no matter what I do, when I publish the page, the link points to
/opencms/export/www.... instead of /opencms/opencms/www...

I've tried hard coading the link to /opencms/opencms... and even
http://host.com:8080/opencms/opencms....

No matter what, it becomes /opencms/export.  I'm totally out of ideas.  I'm
sure there must be a link utility that I should be using or something, but I
just can't find it.

Thanks again.  I appreciate your reading this, and hopefully, your solution!

Regards,
Philip

____orig message that I'm adding to____
Hi again,

I'm actually making a lot of progress today, so I'm happy.  However, with
progress, questions come.

I have some pages that are set to export=false, and some not.  This is on
purpose, of course.  I've rigged my navigation to work, but I'm not sure
it's "best practice".  I find that I'm going to have to do this in other
places as well, like my login script that will take the requestedResource
param and redirect to it.  It'll have to know whether to redirect to a
static or dynamic page.  Here's what I did.  Is this the best way?

if (cms.property("export", nav.getResourceName()) != null &&
    cms.property("export", nav.getResourceName()).equals("false")) {
    href = "/opencms/opencms" + nav.getResourceName();
} else {
    href = cms.link(nav.getResourceName());
}

Thanks for your thought.