[opencms-dev] Remote Debugging with NetBeans

Martin mmmails at gmx.net
Sun Aug 1 18:44:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have tried for a while now to remote debug an OpenCms module with NetBeans
and I am absolutely stuck. I have (successfully?) followed the instructions
at
http://opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=258&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=netbeans
, but it does not really work for me.

The problem is that I cannot set any breakpoints in my NetBeans project,
after having downloaded it to my computer with the "Synchronisation
Management" of OpenCms. I was wondering if it possible at all to remote
debug a web application on the server with a non web application on my local
computer. So I created a Web Module in Netbeans for my project - doing this
I can set breakpoints now, but I am still not able to remote debug. So this
is not the solution as well.

I am able to remote debug other projects, but not my OpenCms module. I am
using Java 1.4.1_02, Tomcat 5.0.19, OpenCms 5.0.1 and NetBeans 3.6 on
Windows XP.

Many Thanks,
Martin