[opencms-dev] Can i schedule a .jsp file to run as a cron job

Kelvin kelvin.ang at resonance.com.sg
Thu Aug 5 05:50:02 CEST 2004

I wrote a class file to try create a file on the root directory and put it
as a cron job. I keep getting the error below when the cron job is ran:

--> com.opencms.core.CmsException:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsResourceBroker] /default/vfs/testfile

my entry on the scheduled task is:
--> 36 11 * * * admin Administrators org.opencms.templates.recentNews testfile

And this is my code -->
---------------------------------
public class recentNews implements I_CmsCronJob {

   public String launch(CmsObject cms, String parameter) throws Exception {

       String file_name=new String(parameter);
       String foldername = "/";
       CmsFile file;

       try{
         String content = "abbbbbbbbb";
         cms.createFile(foldername,file_name,content.getBytes(),"plain");
         file = cms.readFile(parameter);
         cms.unlockResource(parameter);
       }catch(Exception e){
         System.out.println(e.getMessage());