[opencms-dev] getting CmsObject in a static way?

Christian Poecher Poecher at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 12:49:00 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I am writing a rather complex application on the base of OpenCMS 5.0.0.
For some tasks I need an instance of CmsObject, preferrable the one
already running. The standard way for this is to get it out of the
request in the jsp. That way I have to pass the CmsObject though every
method down to the method, where I need it.

I wonder, if I can strip the sigature of my methods of the CmsObject and
access it via a static method. Maybe like accessing a Singleton.

Any suggestions how to design it?

TIA chris