[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG ActiveX Error

Daniel Frost daniel.frost at crossroadsinteractive.se
Mon Aug 9 16:23:01 CEST 2004

I've successfully installed OpenCMS 5.0.1 on my Windows XP PRO sp1 machine.
OpenCMS is running under Java ONE Web Server 6.1, and this far I haven't
noticed any problems with that configuration. (*)

There is however one little client problem, and I've seen it's been up for
discussion in this list, but I didn't manage to find a solution. It's
regarding the WYSIWYG Editor.

Using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106

Line: 172
Error: ActiveX component can't create object:
'DEGetBlockFmtNamesParam.DEGetBlockFmtNamesParam.1'

Maybe I failed searching the archives properly, and in that case I
apologize.

Are there any solutions to this problem, and what causes it?

Thanks.

* "Your installed OpenCms version is: 5.0.1 Kaitain
Running on Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.4.2_04-b05
mixed mode with Windows XP 5.1 (x86)"