[opencms-dev] OpenCms 5.3.6 - Oracle 9 and Weblogic 8.1

mmihaili at csc.com.au mmihaili at csc.com.au
Tue Aug 17 04:09:48 CEST 2004

This is probably a Weblogic issue but just to keep you all up to date...

In org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.java
we have the following method
private void invokeHandler(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
throws IOException, ServletException {
      String name = req.getPathInfo().substring(C_HANDLE.length());
            I_CmsRequestHandler handler = OpenCmsCore.getInstance
().getRequestHandler(name);
            if (handler != null) {
                        handler.handle(req, res, name);
            } else {
                        openErrorHandler(req, res,
HttpServletResponse.SC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR);
            }
} // method invokeHandler

Tomcat returns /handle404 for the req.getPathInfo() call, which seems fair
enough given that we have the following in web.xml
<error-page>
      <error-code>404</error-code>
            <location>/opencms/handle404</location>
</error-page>

Weblogic returns /handle404/opencms/export/sites/... (whatever your
resource name is) which unfortunately causes problems.
I have modified the method to truncate everything after the 404 and the
export works fine.
If anyone know whys weblogic behaves differently please advise, otherwise
I'm off to the bea website now.

Moris Mihailidis
Computer Sciences Corporation
EBS-BSS Web Services e-Business South
58 Queensbridge St, Southbank, VIC 3006, Australia
Ph: +61-3-8695-1527    Fax:+61-3-8695-1540
Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

for such purpose.

                      mmihaili at csc.com.a
                      u                          To:      opencms-dev at opencms.org
                      Sent by:                   cc:
                      opencms-dev-admin@         Subject: RE: [opencms-dev] OpenCms 5.3.5 - Oracle 9 and Weblogic 8.1
                      opencms.org

                      04/08/2004 02:34
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

I have an issue with Static Export, I get the following output:

Starting static export ...
Export Non-Template Resources...
(1 / 5) Exporting
/system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/resources/logo_alkacon.gif ... ignored
(2 / 5) Exporting /system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/resources/welcome.css
... o.k.
(3 / 5) Exporting
/system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/resources/logo_opencms_power.gif ...
o.k.
(4 / 5) Exporting
/system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/resources/logo_opencms_large.gif ...
o.k.
(5 / 5) Exporting /system/shared/page.dtd ... o.k.
... Export Non-Template Resources completed.
Export Template Resources...
(1 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/notes_6.0a1.html ... 500
(2 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/installation.html ... 500
(3 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/notes_5.0rc1.html ... 500
(4 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/notes_5.0rc2.html ... 500
(5 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/notes_5.0b2.html ... 500
(6 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/notes_5.0.0.html ... 500
(7 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/mailinglist.html ... 500
(8 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/upgrade.html ... 500
(9 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/release/welcome.html ... 500
(10 / 10) Exporting /sites/default/index.jsp.html ... 500
... Export Template Resources completed.
Statistics: duration: 00:00:04
... the static export is finished

Anybody know (hints) why I am getting the 500 error?

Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

for such purpose.

                      "Alexander
                      Kandzior"                  To:
                      <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
                      <alex at opencms.org>         cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject: RE: [opencms-dev]
                      OpenCms 5.3.5 - Oracle 9 and Weblogic 8.1
                      opencms-dev-admin@
                      opencms.org

                      02/08/2004 05:54
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

I have applied these fixes to the CVS version.

Please let me know how you do with the BEA installation, even though I know
OpenCms works with BEA it's not one of the environments we regulary use for
our projects. Nevertheless I would like to have BEA installation as smooth
as possible.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior