[opencms-dev] Partial Static Export

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Wed Aug 18 23:43:02 CEST 2004

Thanks for the feedback. However, there's a couple of problems with this approach in my case:

*	It requires the publisher to lock all of the dynamic section, which could lead to stealing locks from other users. The dynamic section is quite large, so this could cause a lock to be stolen while another user is editing a file.
*	It requires the entire dynamic section to be published, including any work-in-progress that is still pending review/approval. I always use the publish-directly function to ensure I know exactly what is being published (as opposed to the Publish Project button, which publishes everything). We have a combination of urgent press releases that need to go out immediately, and content that is being prepared to be released on a particular date. I had thought that Projects might help here, but when you do a lock & publish of the entire section, it moves all the pages into the current project.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Brett