[opencms-dev] Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 / Solaris 9

Daniel Frost daniel.frost at crossroadsinteractive.se
Wed Aug 25 14:29:42 CEST 2004

Hello everyone!

I've installed OpenCms on a Sun Fire V250 Server, running Solaris 9. The web
server is Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 and a standard MySQL database. For far
everything seems to working just fine! Installation was quite easy actually,
I simply had to add a web application (OpenCms WAR file), add encoding
argument in Web Server 6.1 and run the setup. Quite nice!

However, I would like to know if anyone knows if there are known issues
using this configuration?

The site we're building will be totally dependent on preserving the session
state. Is it recommended to store the session state in the database? I
remember seeing that option when I installed the WAR file and ran the setup.
Why would there be a need to do that, is that commonly "lost" somehow?!

We need to store the login information in a separate table, and I was
thinking about accessing that table from OpenCms, ie. integrating the login
procedure into OpenCms. When I use my old Jsp pages for that, I can't seem
to access the database. I'm using the standard connector (MySQL Connector/J
found on www.mysql.com <http://www.mysql.com/> ), and I can get it to work
in a "stand alone" Jsp file, but not in OpenCms. It's probably due to
ignorance, but where shall I install it so I can use it from OpenCms?

Thanks you for any input on this!

Ps. Oh, still can't run the WYSIWYG editor on some Windows XP installs,
perhaps due to corruption of the web editor component perhaps? Adding the
site to trusted zone with minimum security etc. is to no avail.