[opencms-dev] Re: Xerces Hell: cannot Edit Page without error

Ivan Codarin ivan.codarin at amm.uniud.it
Thu Aug 26 09:17:44 CEST 2004

Hi Bill,
I've a problem similar to your.
I was using sucessfully opencms with tomcat 4.1.27 and 5.0.18.
Now I'm using 4.1.30 and I cannot edit my pages...
I get an error about Xerces..
and than opencms gives me an "insufficient rights to edit page /.../...htm page"
for the Admin, admin account.

The jasper message:

"ROOT CAUSE
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.getEncoding()Ljava/lang/String;
        at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlXercesParser.getOriginalEncoding(CmsXmlXercesParser.java:193)
        at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlXercesParser.getXmlText(CmsXmlXercesParser.java:131)
"

Is that the same form you?

Ivan

    Ivan Codarin