[opencms-dev] removing opencms/opencms

Steve Mato smato at icc.net
Mon Aug 30 15:51:01 CEST 2004

At 11:39 AM 8/30/2004 +0200, Joachim Arrasz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Have read through all the post on the mailing list but nobody seem to
>> have  any solutions for removing the opencms prefix for the windows
>> platform. [snip]
>
>this isn´t possible as i think. You only can remove first "opencms" if you
>install opencms as default app in default context from Tomcat. The second
>"opencms" is the "Controller-servlet" from Opencms itself. So i think it´s
>absolutely impossible to  remove it.
>Hope this clears this a bit

In addition to making it the default app [and removing the 1st instance], you can replace [not remove] the first /opencms/ in the path by simply renaming the directory to something else.  I.e I renamed the opencms directory under the \webapps directory "en_US".  I had "limited" success in renaming the second opencms to "pub".  Had to reverse that though as it wasn't working well.  I may revisit it in the future and will let you know.  Hope some knowledgeable person who knows already reads this and adds their $0.02.

Regards,
steve