[opencms-dev] change access permission of /system/

Jessie Hui jessieh at airnet.com.hk
Wed Sep 1 11:07:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

In order to prevent client from reading other module content (which is belong to other clients) from /system/, I have apply 'rwvrwvrw--' to the whole /system/ except the client's module and the opencms default module under /system/modules/.

The client now really cannot read the content inside system except those related to his module. But seems this make the opencms very unstable. For example, exception about 'access denied' when publishing pages, etc.

The question is, should I change the access permission of /system/ ? is it really will make the whole opencms unstable? any thing should I do about changing /system/ permission?

Moreover, in order to let client edit his module only, I delete the opencms pre-defined 'offline' project, therefore, the client now can only have 'online' and his project, this mean he cannot modify other thing beside his project. Is it okay? Will it also make the opencms unstable?

Best regards,
Jessie =)