[opencms-dev] Handling Permissions

Ferrari Riccardo rferrari at etnoteam.it
Fri Sep 3 19:15:17 CEST 2004

I have an application (OpenCMS version 5.5.1) with about 100 groups
hyerarchically organized.
All the groups are directly or indirectly chidren of Guests group.

I want to set only a specific group with read/view permission on a certain
file.
To do this I've created two access control entries for the file:
- the first to deny view/read for Guest group;
- the second to allow view/read for the specific group (one of Guest's
children)

It doesn't work; in this way infact nobody can see that file.
The second access control entry has no effect.

The only other way I Know to allow only that group to see the content is to
to create access control entries with "deny permissions" for all the
children of Guests except my one ... but I don't really want to think this
is the right way!!!

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Riccardo