[opencms-dev] More user issues with 5.5.x

ttarrant at etnoteam.it ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Thu Sep 9 14:11:30 CEST 2004

First of all thanks Thomas for your previous reply.
I now have another problem:
in order to make extensive use of the ACL mechanism of 5.5.x I am replicating the hierarchy of the LDAP structure within OpenCMS, with the root of the hierarchy as a child of group Guest. Most users fall in this category.
A handful of users (the CMS administrators) have to be added also to the Users group. Unfortunately for users who belong to both Users and Guests, the workplace becomes inaccessible, as the ACL of Guests "wins".
I have temporarily solved the problem by having these users added just as children of Users, and not part of the hierarchy, but obviously I lose some information.
I understand that this problem may not have another solution, but I would like to know if this behaviour is wanted or it is a side-effect.

Thanks in advance

Tristan