[opencms-dev] OpenCMS and OSCache

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Wed Sep 15 10:45:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 10:36 +0200, Tristan Tarrant wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am trying to use the OSCache tags within JSPs managed by OpenCMS
> (CVS HEAD).
> For some reason the cache tags fail to cache elements included with
> <cms:include>. The first time round the content is shown, but if I
> reload the page the parts included with <cms:include> don't appear.
> I noticed that OpenCMS has its own implementation of
> RequestDispatcher.include() and I believe it is not behaving
> correctly. Any tips on how it works ?

I've read the code for CmsFlexRequestDispatcher and I've noticed this:

        That leads to a solution where the data is first written to the
        bufferd stream,
        but without includes. Then it is parsed again later
        (in response.processCacheEntry()), enriched with the
        included elements that have been ommitted in the first case.
        I would love to see a simpler solution, but this works for now.

While I'd agree that it works for now, it breaks the semantics of how
standard JSP pages work.
I'll try and figure out a way to fix it, but any input is appreciated.

Tristan