[opencms-dev] Sites and Permissions

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Wed Sep 15 19:30:51 CEST 2004

Hi!

I experience with the site-feature. How I have to configure the system
that a user X can only view his site X and a user Y his site Y??

My previous way is:

#1 I create a group siteX and a group siteY. This are pure groups
without to inherit any.  The 3 options for projectmanager and so on, I
let unchecked. I'm not 100% sure about all the consequences ... But I
understand it, that enabling is not absolut necessary. Right?

#2 create a user X and a user Y. Both are assigned to the respective
group siteX and siteY.

#3 Now I changed the permissions/acl for site X-Folder and Y-Folder.
Folder X I add the groups siteX and Users and Folder Y I add siteY and
Users.
The members of the siteX/Y-group have full access (+r,+w,+v,+...) and
the group Users have no access.

The result is, if user X logged in the workplace, he can't see its own
folder. Yes, off course! By default every user is a member of the group
Users, and they have no access! And it seems that "no access" is higher
than "access".

How can I configure the acls, groups and users that I can solve this
problem? Any hints??

best regards
Tol

--