[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG editor only support ISO-8859-1?

Jessie Hui jessieh at airnet.com.hk
Sat Sep 18 06:15:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

My website is BIG5. I set tomcat encoding with BIG5, and also opencms default encoding to BIG5 in opencms.properties file.

I upload a BIG5 page to opencms, which preview okay~ But when I edit the page in WYSIWYG editor, the editor cannot show BIG5 chars properly!

I try to type a traditional chinese word in the page through WYSIWYG, and the new chinese word show properly in the editor~~  But when i preview the page, those BIG5 chars show properly, but the chinese word added in WYSIWYG editor show '?'......

I guess WYSIWYG editor do not use the same encoding system as the opencms, it use its own encoding....ISO-8859-1? Can WYSIWYG support BIG5?

I really thanks for you help about this.

Best regards,
Jessie =)