[opencms-dev] Defining new Resource Type

Frank Febbraro frankfebbraro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:13:33 CEST 2004

Hey everyone,

Using OpenCMS 6.0 from CVS. I am trying to add a new resource type. At
this point it is just an extension of CmsResourceTypeXmlPage that
overloads the type id and the type name.

I created a module and put the jar file with that class in the modules
lib/ directory. I also added a mapping for it in the opencms-vfs.xml
file. When OpenCMS starts I get ClassNotFoundExceptions on my newly
defined type.

I was wondering exactly where this class could/should be located. Can
it be in a JAR in the lib/ directoy of a module? Must it be in the
classes/ directoy of a module? Somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for your insight,
Frank