[opencms-dev] Problem with lucene search

ingreenheaven agrawal.ashish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:59:56 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have written the SearchTrial.jsp which ultimately calls the
simple_search.jsp for searching. After submitting the search text this
jsp points to the simple_search.jsp
but it shows a blank page with no message.

After submitting the search string it points to the correct jsp &
includes the query string in the URL..
The url shows the query parameters correctly as shown below:
......./net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp?q=test

But the page displays nothing....

Here is the code snippet of my SearchTrial.jsp:
----------------------------------------------SearchTrial.jsp-----------------------------------------------------
<%@ page import="net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.SearchHelper,
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits,
    org.apache.lucene.document.*, com.opencms.flex.jsp.*, java.util.Date" %>

<cms:import page="/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp"/>

<head>
<title>Search</title>
</head>
<form action="/opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp">
   Search:<input type="text" name="q" value="your search string here">
   <input type="submit" value="Go"/>
</form>

One more thing the indexing part is working well.

Can anyone plzz help me out with the problem as I am new to opencms??
Someone plzz mail me their jsp's which are working properly..
This is really very urgent.

Thanx in Advance,
Ashish A