[opencms-dev] Problem installing opencms

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Sep 22 10:47:50 CEST 2004

Hi

I can tell you with what setup I have tested that particular jar:

MySQL 4.0.15-standard, Tomcat 5.0.25, JDK 1.4.1_02-b06 on SuSE 8.1. My
M.O. (since I always set the root password on MySQL as the first thing
after installing it along with an aptly defined user for opencms) is to
edit the <webapps>/opencms/WEB-INF/opencms.properties before running
the ocsetup to reflect the appropriate db username and password (in all
the three places where they're listed), then restart the instance to
reload the properties and then run the setup.

Now if you're sure that the access to the database is fine, then I
wonder if there could be an issue with the JDBC driver included in
opencms 5.0.1 vs. MySQL 5. I was on my way to get the latest drivers
myself, but at this time it seems that there is a problem with
mysql.com, so I don't know if they do list issue with that particular
combo. But it seems to be a likely place to look considering the
exception you get.

Claus