[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 Alpha1 mod_proxy almost there!

Magnus Rosenquist magnus.rosenquist at adeprimo.se
Wed Sep 22 20:49:29 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm running OpenCms 6.0 Alpha 1 on a Redhat server and I'm trying to use
Apache to proxy the requests directly to opencms.

I have read the howto: 'Setting up httpd, Tomcat and mod_proxy' and followed
the instructions carefully, and I feel I'm almost there.

I'm using Apache 2.0.51 and Tomcat 4.1.30.

Following the guidelines I have installed Opencms as the ROOT application
and created a simple testpage to see that it works. Then I applied the new
configuration for Apache and Tomcat.

I have no problems viewing the site and displaying the page I created
earlier, it seems that Apache manages to handle it.

It's when I try to login to opencms the problems start, using the link
http://opencms.alkakon.com/system/login the loginpage is displayed and
looks good, but when I try to log in as 'Admin' I get no further and no
messages are shown.

I then tried to access the panel directly using the link
http://opencms.alkakon.com/system/workplace/views/top_fs.jsp and voila! the
workplace is now displayed. But it seems to be in read-only mode, I cannot
change from 'Online' to the 'Offline' project.

I then decided to turn on more debugging in 'opencms.properties' and I found
the following in the log:

- Access to resource /system/workplace/views/explorer/explorer_fs.jsp not
  permitted for user Export, required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c
- Access to resource /system/workplace/ not permitted for user Export,
  required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c
- Access to resource /system/workplace/action/ not permitted for user Export,
  required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c
- Access to resource /system/workplace/views/top_head.jsp not permitted for
  user Export, required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c
- Access to resource /system/workplace/views/top_foot.jsp not permitted for
  user Export, required permissions +r not satisfied by -r-w+v-c

So it seems I'm not logged in after all...

I have read most of the posts in the mailinglist-archives concerning mod_proxy
but have not come up with a solution.

One similar post was:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009280.html who didn't
get the entire workplace to display properly. At first I got nothing when
trying to view the workplace, but then I corrected the filerights so that
Apache could read the resources.

I have also tried to use the settings suggested in post:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009911.html

Suggesting to change from:
 staticexport.prefix_rfs=${CONTEXT_NAME}/export
 staticexport.prefix_vfs=${CONTEXT_NAME}${SERVLET_NAME}

To:
 staticexport.prefix_rfs=${CONTEXT_NAME}/export
 staticexport.prefix_vfs=${CONTEXT_NAME}

This did not seem to have any effect viewing the logs:
INFO [cexport.CmsStaticExportManager:1006] .
	Export rfs prefix    : /export
INFO [cexport.CmsStaticExportManager:1007] .
	Export vfs prefix    : /opencms

But still, no go...
Any ideas?

regards,