[opencms-dev] Alpha1 - Database Character Set Issue

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Sep 22 22:38:35 CEST 2004

Cyrill,

The honest truth is we actually have not tested with MySQL 4.1.x so far,
only with 4.0.x. I guess they have improved UTF-8 support and now require
the DB to actually be setup with UTF-8. UTF-8 support in MySQL 4.0.x is
actually pretty weak, even though it works fine with OpenCms.

If this is the only issue with 4.1.x I say we look pretty good ;-)

Let me know if you find it works / doesn't work with MySQL 4.1.x in genreal.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts