[opencms-dev] Trying to learn opencms- need help

John MccLain jmcclain at tcshealthcare.com
Wed Sep 29 20:55:59 CEST 2004

I have purchased the opencms book and am reading through it, but
I have a few questions:

1) what is the difference between a project and a module???

I am building a church website, it is completed and ready to go. It is
static, but does employ DHTML
I want the church administration to be able to update text and images on the
site
in a user friendly manner, for example, add a new image to hte home page, or
a new text description
 to a picture. Also, I want to add an event calendar to the site that can
also be updated
on a regular basis. My questions are as follows:

2) Is there an opencms event calendar module or project  or etc.. that I can
incorporate in easy manner
into the site once it is on opencms? If not, then I will use a DHTML event
calendar
I know of from the internet; It requires that you enter events into a txt
file or excel spreadsheet.
Is there a way to store the file or spreadsheet in opencms and have opencms
provide a
easy interface for editing the file and / or excel spreadsheet?

3) How do I migrate this static website into opencms???

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain at tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."