[opencms-dev] Documentation about session handling in version 6 alpha 1?

Sascha Flohr s.flohr+lists.opencms at cymes.net
Thu Sep 30 15:24:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

Is there some documentation about the changes for sessions in version 6
alpha 1?

As far as I have seen in version 5, I was able to set values in the
user's session with the CmsSession.putValue() method and to get the
session object through
CmsObject.getRequestContext().getRequest().getSession(). The CmsSession
class ist marked as "deprecated" and the CmsRequestContext does not have
the getRequest method any more, but no information about what to use
instead to set and retrieve data to and from the user's session.

I've had a deep look into the source, but found nothing helpful. Someone
out there to push me in the correct direction?

Greets, Sascha.