[opencms-dev] Documentation about session handling in version 6 alpha 1?

Sascha Flohr s.flohr+lists.opencms at cymes.net
Thu Sep 30 18:34:57 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas,

On Do, 2004-09-30 at 16:04, Thomas MXrz wrote:
> Sascha Flohr <s.flohr+lists.opencms at cymes.net> writes:
>
> > I've had a deep look into the source, but found nothing helpful. Someone
> > out there to push me in the correct direction?
>
> | <%
> | HttpSession session = request.getSession();
> | session.setAttribute( "ATTRIBUTE", "ATTRIBUTE_VALUE" );
> | %>

I should have been a little more precise, sorry. It's not my problem to
access the session in JSPs. I want to create my own resource type and
need the session access for the backoffice code.

What I have is a CmsObject and before the version 6 alpha 1 I was able
to get the CmsRequestContext object, then get the Request object and at
last get access to the CmsSession object.

But now I have to deal with the classes CmsSessionInfo and
CmsSessionInfoManager. What I am able to do is getting a List of
CmsSessionInfo objects, but how to access the current session for the
user that instantiated the CmsObject?

Perhaps I missunderstood something totally ...

Bye, Sascha.