[opencms-dev] Why are OpenCMS using encoding?

Jonas Karlsson, Webb och PC-support jonas at webbpcsupport.com
Fri Oct 1 14:29:26 CEST 2004

The question may sound stupid, but all the talk about internationalization
and everything doesn’t work out that well out in the field. When you are not
in control over a system, but only controls a web application inside Tomcat,
and can’t control which Java-version that runs or how to start it, the
encoding problem is indeed frustrating. Why can’t OpenCMS think of a
solution but to start Tomcat with “right” encoding? Due to this rather silly
thing, I can’t get OpenCMS running and since I work for a company that
planed to recommend customers to use OpenCMS, in fact we thought about
financing a part of our costs by consulting on OpenCMS, and noting of this
can be realised. It’s a pity! Even though I like OpenCMS, I like the idea
with Open Source, I simple have to look somewhere else.

Regards

Jonas Karlsson, Webb och PC-support Linköping Handelsbolag