[opencms-dev] Problem with ACL

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Mon Oct 4 17:13:05 CEST 2004

Hi all!

I've a Problem with the ACL. Perhaps someone can catch the potatoes from
my eyes?! ;-)

What I want:
Dependent on the user who loged in the workplace, some folders should
hide (block access) and others should shown (allow access).

What I'tried:
I've a group ONE and a group TWO. The parent-group is "Users". I created
two users within these new groups:
ONE: user1
TWO: user2

I've created two Folders: folder1 and folder2. Folder1 is only for users
within the group ONE and folder2 is only accessible for users from group
TWO.
So I changed the ACL.
For folder1 I add the group ONE and set all the allow buttons. For
folder2 TWO was added and set the allow-buttons too.

If I tried login with the user1 and user2 they can access both folders.
But this is logical! The users are indirect members of the group Users,
and the access to the folder was inherrit.

Removing the group "Users" from users group-list inhibit the user from
login to the workplace. Only members of Users seems to bee allowed to
login. Right?

Blocking the group Users by the ACL isn't the right way, too. All the
users login in are members of Users, so they all are blocked.
Partyculary the user who is allowed to access the folder.

How can I solve this problem??

Best regards
Tol

--