[opencms-dev] could no connect to database via:jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/

Tim Howland thowland at organic.com
Tue Oct 5 20:34:39 CEST 2004

Try this:

1) open a cmd window on your server
2) type "telnet localhost 3306"

If you get a "connection refused" then mysql isn't listening on port 3306. Possible explanations could be that mysql isn't running, that it isn't set up to listen over the network, or that it's listening on a different port. See if you can connect with the WinMysql Command Center.

If you have a local firewall running (BlackIce Defender, etc) try turning it off while testing - they can mess with your local networking something fierce.

HTH,

Tim