[opencms-dev] Lucene for OpenCMS 5.0.0

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Wed Oct 6 00:39:50 CEST 2004

All,

We have an installation of OpenCMS which we have been running for some time. Prior to the Lucene module being available, we had implemented our own search engine.

Can someone tell me whether the Lucene module is available for OpenCMS 5.0.0 with built-in support for PDF and Microsoft Word documents?

Also, does the module index all the properties on the file? One of our goals will be to enhance the search engine with additional metadata which we will add through the property definitions.

Many thanks,

Brett Beaumont
Technical Consultant
Sytec Resources Limited

Phone	+64 4 473 5805
Fax 	+64 4 473 5812
Email 	<mailto:brett.beaumont at sytec.com>
WWW 	http://www.sytec.com

Important:  This electronic mail message and attachments (if any) are confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact us immediately and destroy this message.  You may not legally copy, disclose, disseminate or use the contents in any way.  Thank you.