[opencms-dev] Localisation question

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 10:45:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am currently developing a JSP-based module for version 6.0. The
module uses the ResourceBundle API for l10n/i18n. I am planning to make
the language of the module selectable for the (web)user by providing
links that the user can click on for every supported language.

What is the best way to set the selected locale/encoding globally? By
'globally' I mean that the setting is accessible for all modules that
are used during the session. Simply appending '__locale=...' to every
subsequent request doesn't seem to be the best solution.

Regards,
Robert