[opencms-dev] How to publish deleted resource with the API

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 09:19:50 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am deleting resources using API from my code. Everything works fine with
CmsObject.deleteResource method. However, if I have published the file
before deleting it the file gets the “undelete” status (crossed over in the
workplace) and is still visible in the online project. If using the
workplace the next step would be to do “direct publish” for the file and it
would get removed from the online project, however when I am trying to
publish with CmsObject.publishResource() in my code I get database access
exception because the file cannot be found (I assume this is because it has
“undelete” status in offline project).

Would anyone be able to tell me what the correct procedure is?

Thanks,

Olli

---