[opencms-dev] How to change the content-encoding property ?

Xavier Ottolini xavier.ottolini at adelis.com
Thu Oct 14 09:24:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

Every time I create a new JSP, the property "content-encoding" is set to
ISO-8859-1 by default. My Tomcat server uses the UTF-8 charset. I need
to change the property of those files to UTF-8. For the future
maintenance, I should avoid this operation.

I use OpenCms 5.0

There is the following settings : in the .profiles :

$MYWEBAPP/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties
defaultContentEncoding=UTF-8

In /etc/profiles
I set the following environment variable :
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

In the Properties Manager, I tried to delete the "content-encoding"
property for the Typ "JSP". But an exception has been generated.

How to set the property "content-encoding" to UTF-8 by default for the
JSPs?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Xavier Ottolini