[opencms-dev] Clustering issue with OpenCMS 5.0.1

Vineeth Varghese vineeth.varghese at tavant.com
Mon Oct 18 17:30:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have openCMS running on a cluster of weblogic managed server instances and
I am testing the failover behavior of openCMS. I see that the session is not
being replicated across the managed server instance because an attribute
stored in the session is not serializable. The attribute in question is
"NOTIFY" and the object bound to this is an instance of
OpenCmsServletNotify.

OpenCmsServletNotify basically references all the logged in user through an
instance of CmsCoreSession. From the code I do not see any reason why
OpenCmsServletNotify shouldn't be serializable esp. since it is bound to the
session.

Is there any reason for not making OpenCmsServletNotify serializable?.

regards,
Vineeth