[opencms-dev] Installation struggle

Ivan Garcia Sainz-Aja ivangsa at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 25 22:06:33 CEST 2004

Hi there,

i researching for an open source Java based CMS
in the aim to provide a tool to provide our business costumers
with a easy to use tool fo updating the content of their websites

that's why i'm trying openCMS but with no luck so far!

i tryed to use version '6.0 alpha' but tomcat4 failed to deploy
with the following:

2004-10-25 19:54:15 StandardHost[localhost]: Installing web application at
context path /opencms from URL jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/opencms.war!/
2004-10-25 19:54:15 HostConfig[localhost] Error deploying web application
archive opencms.war
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/share/tomcat4/webapps/opencms/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF (No such file or
directory)

i'm not sure if is because of a missconfiguration on my tomcat ...

any help?

i've already find this question on the list archives
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2002q4/002547.html

but not the answer

The point is that if i unpack the war by hand the setup process does not work
and with lots of problems on the MySQL authentication, that i'll be very
pleased to feedback on another mail

Thanks for any help.
Ivan