[opencms-dev] Problem Installing 6.0 alpha 1&2 on WinXP

Andreas Lemke lemke at dialog.uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Oct 27 15:04:51 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am currently evaluation OpenCMS. I can install/use OpenCMS 5 on Linux and
WinXP
and OpenCMS 6 (both Alphas) on Linux. However, I do not manage to
successfully install 6.0
on my WinXP machine, while a colleague has no problems with it.

Symptom is as follows: After installation which runs without problems I can
log in to the workplace.
There, however, I have no views. I can choose between Online and Offline
project. Both show only
the folder "/sites/default/" with no files below. The site combo box lets
me choose between
"/" and "/sites/default/".

My guess is something went wrong during the setup of the vfs. I logged the
SQL queries done by OpenCMS
and found a line

SELECT ...
FROM CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE,CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES
WHERE CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH LIKE '/system/workplace/views/_%'
AND NOT (CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH LIKE
'/system/workplace/views/_%/_%')
AND CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_ID=CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID
AND CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_TYPE=0
ORDER BY CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE.RESOURCE_PATH

which seems to look after VFS-entries for /system/workplace/views but finds
none.

On the other side, some files are present in

{tomcat-home}\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\setupdata\vfs\system\workplace\views

so these seem not to have been imported during setup.

Most tables are filled with data so I think it's not a general MySQL
problem.

My setup is:

WinXP Pro SP1 (512 MB)
Internet Explorer 6.0 (with latest patches)
Tomcat 5.0.19
Java HotSpot Client VM 1.4.2_05-b04 (with -Xmx256M)
MySQL 4.0.17-nt-log

best regards,
   Andreas Lemke