[opencms-dev] login without popup

George Karr gk5186 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:47:10 CEST 2004

We are using opencms 5.0.1 Kaitan.

When a user logs into opencms, it closes the login browser and opens a new
browser. I would like to modify our installation so that when a user logs
in, the next page is served in the same browser window. I have tried
modifying the function "openwin" in vfs/system/login/index so that after
login, it doesn't pop up the new browser, but my modified code is never
served. It keeps serving the old login page with the popup. I tried flushing
all the caches I could find.

Someone showed me where I can just have the user go directly to:
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/index.html

Which does bring up the workplace in the same browser under the guest
account, but I still need for the users to log in to other accounts besides
guest.

How can I modify our install to change this behavior? Do I have to rebuild
all of opencms?